27/03/2016

UNIVERSITY BOAT RACE

Today is not only, as Wilson insists on calling it, Good Sunday, it is also the first day of British Summer Time. 

Last night W offered to put the clocks forward, so when we awoke this morning we wouldn't have to wonder what time it was.


Wilson is not allowed to open any of his Easter Eggs until 10am but I was unaware that when he advanced the clocks he moved them THREE hours forward... so "10am" arrived a lot more quickly than I had anticipated.


So it was that dawn had barely broken when I heard W and his family opening their chocolate treats. I glanced at my (unadjusted) watch and saw it was just 7am, but when I went to remonstrate with W he just pointed at the wall clock and continued munching...


Today is also the day of that great British Institution: The University Boat Race. 


Wilson takes this very seriously and is a staunch supporter of Oxford (unless they're WELL behind, when he'll seamlessly start to support Cambridge) so this afternoon everyone settled down in front of the telly to watch the race while finishing up their eggs.


No comments:

Post a Comment