06/02/2016

CHANNELING SIR PATRICK MOORE

Wilson stayed up late last night to watch the Celebrity Big Brother Final.

The outcome was not altogether satisfactory — I had been supporting Darren Day, since he seemed like a thoroughly good person, while W had been behind Stephanie, because she reminded him of a younger version of his Mum, Mrs Vermilingua: Fickle, Needy and Polyamorous. Especially Polyamorous.


But in spite of his late night he was up bright and early this morning, and I found him in the garden carrying around the parts of an enormous (and VERY expensive-looking) telescope. So that's what was in yesterday's mysterious parcel!


Before he dropped any of it, I asked whether he'd like some help setting it up.
He replied that he didn't think I'd be up to it because it was, as he explained, 'Very technical, and harder to assemble than an IKEA chest of drawers,' but if I wasn't doing anything else perhaps I could help with some of the heavy lifting.


_______________
Today's FURbruary Task Suggestion: Be Nice to a Newt!



No comments:

Post a Comment