10/12/2015

AN EMBARRASSING ENCOUNTER

I was caught off-guard yesterday by Wilson's remark about wanting to be sure everyone understood the 'Real Meaning of Xmas' as I'm not sure he has any clear idea himself.

I was on my way to speak to him about this when something caught my eye in the living room — a sight more unexpected, more shocking even than Radical Feminist and Bee's Rights Campaigner Billi standing at the top of the Xmas tree waving a fairy wand: UNCLE ZOLTAN standing at the top of the Xmas tree waving a fairy wand.


As soon as he saw me he became flustered, explaining that he was just checking what the view was like from the top of the tree, whilst carrying out a Health and Safety Inspection. 


He shuffled his feet a bit, put down the fairy wand and said, 'Well, the inspection is now complete. Full marks. Jolly good. Um... I think you should check the wiring on the, er, the fairy lights.' 


Then, lowering his voice, he added, 'I don't think there's any need to mention this to the others. Especially that ant-eater!' and with that, he left the room. 


Blushing.



No comments:

Post a Comment