26/10/2015

INSURANCE CLAIM

When Wilson rose this morning (a little later than usual because the clocks went back to Winter Time last night) as soon as he'd had his breakfast he ran upstairs to examine the hole in the ceiling. I was a bit unnerved to see that he'd taken his Club Hammer with him. 

'Don't worry about this, New Dad!' he told me cheerfully, poking the hole with the hurty end of his hammer, 'I can have this fixed in a jiffy!'


I replied that I'd REALLY rather go down the House Insurance route first, before 'putting him to the trouble' [ie risking the whole ceiling coming down] of effecting a repair himself.


'If you're sure then,' he replied. 'I haven't got time to do it now, anyway — I must go into the village to buy some pumpkins.'


He climbed down the ladder and I helped him off the chest of drawers on which it was balanced precariously. 


Once he was safely back on the floor he confided to me, 'This is going to be the BEST Hallowe'en Uckfield's EVER seen!'

While he went down to Tesco, I telephoned the Insurance Company to make a claim for the damage.



No comments:

Post a Comment