25/09/2015

SUNSHINE AND FRESH AIR

Out in the sunshine Wilson posed for a photograph by the railings, perhaps to demonstrate his blasé and nonchalant attitude to water. I noted that he chose to position himself in close proximity to a life belt, but I can't criticise him for that! 

Actually, I think he was less concerned by the sea than by a nearby seagull which was, he said, 'Looking at me funny!'


W has long had a love/hate relationship with seagulls. Like all birds he regards them with suspicion, referring to them as 'tiny dinosaurs' — but he's always had a fantasy of having a pet seagull who would, apparently, sit on his shoulder and watch tv with him in the evenings, and have long philosophical discussions with him in a way of which I am seemingly incapable.


I think he's been watching too many of those Hastings Direct insurance ads on the telly, and that the reality of a pet seagull would be VERY different from his dream…
_____________________


You are warmly invited to join the Wilson Vermilingua Appreciation Society, entirely free, at:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/wilsonvermilinguaappreciation/



No comments:

Post a Comment