02/09/2015

EMERGENCY EXIT

We were on our way to see the life-sized replica of the first British Satellite (the one that was successfully put into orbit two days before the Government cancelled the programme because they didn't think satellites had any commercial or military value) and the launch control room, when I noticed Wilson checking his iPhone.

'Have you got any signal down here?' I asked. 


In reply he shouted, 'Nooooooooo!' and ran up the stairs and out through the Emergency Exit.


I set off in pursuit, and as soon as I caught up with him asked him what the problem was. It seems he'd just seen The Bees' Guest Blog and noticed what had happened to his kitchen!


'I didn't mean for you to find out like this,' I told him. 'I should have discussed it with you earlier… but I'm having the kitchen completely made-over while we're away. As a surprise!'


'It's certainly a surprise!' he replied irascibly, 'But what about my ants? What if the kitchen installeration men eat them… or let them escape?'


He calmed down after I assured him that I'd left special instructions about the ants, adding that the Bees, Polly and Billi, were looking after them, but he said he didn't want to go back into the bunker as he needed air and time to think…

Remember you can join the Wilson Vermilingua Appreciation Society, completely free, at:
http://tinyurl.com/ppmw78q
And you can join in the conversation with Wilson over on Twitter: @WVermilingua



No comments:

Post a Comment