13/08/2015

A strange miasma descends…

I didn't have a great night last night — just after I'd dropped off Wilson decided he and his lads would like a bedtime story. They all spent a long time trying to wake me up, while I spent an equally long time pretending to still be asleep. 

Eventually, though, guilt got the better of me; I roused myself and staggered out of bed, only to find W, Antony and TT all sound asleep. 


I spent the rest of the night blaming myself for being a Bad Dad… 


Over a splendid breakfast, Wilson confessed that he'd been very tired last night. 'Yes,' I agree, 'you were as tired as a newt!'


Following a quick freshen-up in our room, we set off for the zoo, but there was a strange, overpowering smell in the car. I can only describe it as a mixture of Brut and Hai Karate, but much stronger. Perhaps it's one of Wilson's less successful Air Freshener experiments, although he said he couldn't smell anything.


We completed the trip with all the windows wound down...



No comments:

Post a Comment