20/07/2015

A bit of a disappointment…

Wilson has just shown me the fruits of his labours: he held up a crispy, drooping and somewhat garishly-coloured twig that had once possibly been a rose.

'What do you think, New Dad?' he asked morosely.

'What do you think?' I returned, playing it safe.

'Well… it's not as good as I'd hoped,' he confessed with a sigh.

I asked him, 'What about all the other flowers you painted?' and he told be that all the petals had fallen off them while he was shaking them about to remove the smell of acetone paint.

I consoled him that it had been a brilliant and ground-breaking idea, let down by the current state of technology.

He smiled bravely, then asked whether I'd like him to get rid of the paint-marks all over the lawn by spraying the whole garden green? 

I replied that it might be best to just let it all grow out… but that I thought I had something which might cheer him up...

Remember you can join in the conversation and chat with Wilson over at Twitter: @WVermilingua


No comments:

Post a Comment