03/05/2015

To the beach!

Wilson had me up early this morning, full of excitement about his upcoming Donkey Ride on the beach.

When I say 'early' I mean that we had to wait for the the hotel kitchens to open before we could even have breakfast!

Once we had arrived in Great Yarmouth and parked the car we took what has become known between us as 'Tat Street'* almost at a run until we reached the Promenade… when we hit a bit of a problem.

Clearly painted on the pavement were the words 'NO DOGS ON BEACH'. Although Wilson is unquestionably not even remotely related to Canis lupus familiaris, witless jobsworths have occasionally sought to eject him from premises where he is fully entitled to be. For this reason I have Registered W as an official Companion Animal. 

I confirmed to him that I had the certificate with me, and thus reassured we made our way down to the sand for his donkey ride…
________

* "Tat Street" because all the shops in the street sell cheap 'Tat' or tawdry souvenirs. Which is not to say that Wilson doesn't enjoy a tawdry souvenir — he spends hours trawling through that stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment