19/09/2014

Talk Like A Pirate Day!

Wilson is drinking a lot of Rum while relentlessly Talking Like A Pirate today, and pretending not to hear me if I don't Reply Like A Pirate! 

Most of what he's saying is along the lines of, 'Do ye recall whar we wus 'tis the hour this year gon, Matey? We wus on shore leave!' and, 'Blackpool were a cozy berth, shipmate, don't ye reckon?'

With his constant references to past holidays I think I can guess what his wish in the Fairy Ring was about, even though we returned from our last holiday only a few days ago!

Once he thought I'd got the idea that he wanted to go on another holiday, he changed tack and started discussing tomorrow's trip, saying 'I's a-lookin' forad t' seein' th' new sprog lad tomorra forenoon! Yarrr, so I am! Spare a few doubloons for an ol' sea-dog, ya knave?'

I'm not convinced that Malibu, while it does contain rum, is an authentic pirate tipple, but what do I know?


No comments:

Post a Comment