29/08/2014

Wilson asks for the truth...

Before heading back to the hotel we stopped off for a coffee, and Wilson asked me a question I found very difficult to answer: he asked me what I thought of his fledgling towel-screening business… and he asked me to tell him the truth. 

I told him as kindly as I could that I thought it was basically a good idea beset by practical difficulties, chiefly the cost of sending towels to him for testing, and the cost of returning them to their owners.  

W frowned and admitted that he too had been concerned about postage costs.

Without warning Antony suddenly announced, 'The truth? You can't handle the truth!' 

W and I turned to stare at him and he blushed, explaining, 'A Few Good Men. 1992. It's a very famous quote! Sorry...'


No comments:

Post a Comment