03/03/2014

A wedding is announced!

Wilson rose early this morning and summoned everyone to the conservatory. In a very serious voice he announced that he had considered the doppelgänger bee situation very carefully overnight, and he had reached a decision. 

'The new bee will be accepted into the family,' he declared. 'I shall call him Billy-B, because that is a good name. He and Polly-B are already good friends, so I hope they will become engaged and later marry.'

Polly-B and the newly-named Billy-B giggled a bit here.

'Then in the fulness of time,' W continued, ' they will do what… erm, well, um…' He blushed deeply, before coughing and continuing,' Well, you know. Birds… Bees… I don't need to… Anyway, they will found a vast colony of bees and make loads of honey which I will market on their behalf. Shortly thereafter I shall become a millionaire!'

Antony and Tiny Toy burst into applause and shouted 'Congratulations! Speech!' The two bees glanced at each other and giggled again. 

Afterwards, Wilson confided to me that arranged marriages are very common in the bee world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment