24/08/2013

Like Roxy Music, but cheaper

At last I've found out what's going on. Wilson sat me down today to summarise the problem and disclose his solution. 
'Look, New Dad,' he started, 'we've got a brilliant idea that's almost ready to make me, um well US obviously, a million: Oddsies! We've got the packaging and the publicity, but we can't afford to buy the stock. We need to raise money, and raise it fast!'
I nodded, encouragingly.
'So we're going to run a Benefit Concert! We're going to turn the old "Trading4U" warehouse into a pop-up nightclub. Pop-ups are very popular right now!'
'So who's going to perform in this nightclub that people will pay to see, but won't require any fees?' I asked, fearing that I already knew the answer.
'ROCKSY MUSIC!' he exclaimed, triumphantly. 'They are the new Art-Rock Sensation! And as it happens, I am their promoter, manager and songwriter.'

With a flourish he produced a flyer for the band, proclaiming, 'Ta-Dah! What do you think? You can help me fly-post them all over Uckfield! Brilliant or what?'


No comments:

Post a Comment