13/07/2013

Amazing sand castles!


Our time on Jersey is drawing to a close, but there are still one or two things Wilson wanted to see before we leave. One of these was Sand Wizard Simon, whose display is filled with magnificent and enormous sand sculptures. W chatted at length with the sculptor, hoping to pick up some tips for his next trip to the beach.
We spent the rest of the day in the beautiful grounds of a stately home. There were several bee hives in the kitchen garden area, and Wilson took a great interest in these. 
Later he asked me whether he could have a pet bee. I told him I was sure that could be arranged but he should wait until we were back in England, rather than have to declare a pet bee at customs. 
W was very excited, and told me he would call his bee Polly and would sell her honey in tiny jars when our garden was open to the public. 
I had rather hoped he had forgotten about opening our garden to the public...



No comments:

Post a Comment