05/03/2013

The Ant King is Crowned!


Wilson searched diligently all day yesterday, hoping to find at least one ant… and eventually he did! 
He must NEVER find out that it was the emergency ant I took with me. As darkness began to fall I released it near to where W was searching. After several minutes of him not noticing it, I eventually pointed to it and said, 'Hey, what's that?'
At first he couldn't see it, but at long last his vigilance was rewarded. 
'Ant! Ant!' he cried, a note of hysteria creeping into his voice after so much fruitless searching. 'I am the Ant King!'
Accordingly, this morning he paraded through Uckfield Town Centre wearing his Ant King's crown and triumphantly displaying the ant in a jam jar, before a frankly disappointing turn-out of admirers. Actually, there was just me and a school crossing patrol lady.
'In Costa Rica, the streets would have thronged with cheering crowds,' he told me. 'There, National Ant Day is bigger than Easter, but here… no-one cares. However I am not downhearted, for I am Ant King 2013! A righteous victory is mine!'


No comments:

Post a Comment