05/02/2013

Tiny invisible animals are out to get Wilson!


'Have you read this?' Wilson asked, visibly shaken. 'This "Secret World of Microbes" article? It says that there are tiny animals living inside my nose! On my beautiful tongue! Tell me it's not true, New Dad!' 
The article in question, illustrated with many coloured photographs and diagrams, explained that every breath of air contains millions of microbes, and that our bodies are alive with them. There are apparently 2,264 species in our nostrils alone. Not 2,264 microbes, but 2,264 species! The article goes on to explain that the microbes in and on our bodies can weigh more than our brain. 
I tried to explain to Wilson that many of these microbes were friendly, indeed necessary to life, but he wasn't listening.
'Eeeeew! Tiny invisible animals are crawling all over me!' he exclaimed, 'I'm off to have a bath!' 
With this he stomped upstairs, shuddering with each step.


No comments:

Post a Comment