12/12/2012

An Aurora


Real Polar Bears are extremely dangerous, but most people find toy Polar Bears cute and cuddly. Wilson, though, has developed a deep suspicion of them after he thought a pack of them was trying to mug him and steal his present from Father Xmas. 
A Security Elf from Santa's Grotto explained to W that the bears were just models, but on the way out we came across some animated Polar Bears, and W got very nervous. I had to carry him out to the car and drive him home, where I calmed him down with hot chocolate.
It turns out that the Collective Noun for a group of bears is a 'sleuth' or a 'sloth' of bears… which is quite ironic given that Wilson is a member of the Sloth genus. I mentioned this to Wilson, who quickly corrected me, saying that the correct term for a group of POLAR bears is an 'aurora'. Well, who would have guessed. 
Don't tell me this stuff isn't educational!

No comments:

Post a Comment