30/10/2012

The V10,000 note


Wilson and I went out for dinner last night, and I was very surprised when he offered to pay. He brought out what I thought was a £10 note but which, when I examined it, turned out to be a V10,000 note. 
'What's this?' I asked him.
'I've been researching currency online,' he replied, 'and lots of places, Bristol for instance, have issued their own currency. It's quite legal! So I've designed the "Vermilingua"!'
'And you think this restaurant will accept it?' I asked, incredulously.
'I certainly hope so!' he replied, 'and I'm hoping they give me the change in UK Pounds Sterling – if they do, I should show a profit of about £9,960. I'll leave an generous tip, of course.'
I couldn't enjoy the meal for worrying what would happen when Wilson tried to pay with his home-made currency, but when the waitress said she couldn't accept it I paid with my plastic and there was no unpleasantness. 
Wilson left the V10,000 note as a tip. 'I know it's over-generous, but the waitress was very pretty. And I can print plenty more.'


No comments:

Post a Comment