16/08/2012

We strike a bargain


Before Wilson would promise to cancel his Readymix order, he asked me to agree to buy him one more garden ornament. 
I asked him what it was, and he scuttled off to the Stoneware section, reappearing a few minutes later carrying what I thought was the ugliest and most repellent thing I had ever seen in my life. It was a rock... with false teeth. My face fell.
'If I can have this, the Readymix is toast!' Wilson announced cheerfully. 
Well, it's horrific and it's ugly… it's hideous, horrible, frightful, awful, ghastly, vile, revolting, repellent, repulsive and repugnant. It's grotesque, disgusting, monstrous, misshapen, deformed and disfigured… but it's cheaper and smaller that six tons of concrete, and W likes it. I reluctantly nodded to the woman on the check-out and she rang it up. 
'Oh, thanks, New Dad!' W exclaimed as we pushed the trolley back to the car, 'This is well funny!'


No comments:

Post a Comment