14/06/2012

Wilson appeals for your help...


Now that Antony is safely back with Wilson, I thought things would quieten down for a little while. Not so. I've just found W close to tears, even though Antony was right there with him. 
I asked him what was wrong, and he told me he'd just learned about the plight of the Pygmy Sloth in Isla Escudo de Veraguas. Apparently, there are only about 100 of these lovely animals left and, although they are not vulnerable to natural predators, poaching and destruction of mangroves has already almost halved their numbers. 
As you know, the support and care of sloths in trouble is close to Wilson's heart, and he has asked me to appeal to you to sign this petition to help save the Pygmy Sloth. Both Wilson and I have signed -- will you?


No comments:

Post a Comment