14/02/2012

Love hurts ♥

This morning Wilson received a Valentine's Day card. Inside, the message read, "I love you more than ants…" signed from a Secret Admirer and followed by five kisses. To my surprise, he seemed a bit annoyed! 
I think his irritation partly stems from the fact that the image on the front is based on his drawing, and partly because I hadn't told him anything about Valentine's Day. 'This is a massive money-making opportunity, and you didn't tell me about it!' he complained. 
I tried to distract him by quizzing him about who his secret admirer might be. 'Someone with the hacking skills to get into my iPad and steal my copyrighted drawing, I would imagine' he replied testily. 
I explained that if she had used the image only once, to send to him, it would probably fall under the heading of Fair Dealing, but he was not to be mollified. Then I suggested that someone with such hacking skills and disregard for the law must be a little like the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. This gave him something to think about: a girl anteater admirer resembling the heroine of his favourite novel...
All this has put him in a bit of a preoccupied mood, which has quite disrupted our planned visit to the aquarium shop to select his goldfish...

No comments:

Post a Comment