19/01/2012

Couch time...

Today we went to see the Animal Psychiatrist. Wilson went in to his consulting room without me (he looked very little and vulnerable) and told him all his inner fears and thoughts -- how he watched 'Moon' and how he now thinks he's not 'real' and all his friends, relatives, even me, are 'implanted memories'. Even how he thought he might be a figment of my imagination.
I may be prejudging, but I'd be surprised if Wilson doesn't have 'father issues'. What with having had so many fathers, each for so brief a time.
There's also the matter of his mother's high expectations of him, and how he promised her that he'd be a millionaire before his seventh birthday. 
These are great loads for a young anteater to carry; I hope I can bring more stability into his life…

No comments:

Post a Comment