31/01/2012

Breakfast in bed

Wilson prepared and served an ant-free breakfast and brought it to me in bed. Past experience suggested that he's after something or about to break some bad news; neither of these prospects cheers me, but I thanked him and tucked in. 
Halfway through my orange juice (actually I did find a couple of ants at the bottom of the glass) he asked me if I have any strong opinions about camels. I told him that yes I do: I have a strong opinion that they would be entirely unsuitable as pets. 
"Even if he slept outside?"
"Even if he never entered the house."
"An elephant?"
"The same."
"Even a baby elephant?"
"It would soon grow up into a two-ton monster that ate all your bananas." 
I don't think he'd thought of that -- W is very fond of a banana or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment